33rd International Symposium on Ballistics (33ISB)
October 16–20, 2023 | Bruges Meeting & Convention Centre (BMCC) | Bruges, Belgium
Santa Cruz, CA – The Royal Military Academy, Department of Weapon Systems and Ballistics will be hosting the 33rd International Symposium on Ballistics (33ISB) in Bruges, Belgium, October 16–20, 2023. The 33ISB is the prime international scientific event in the field of ballistics, traditionally covering the following topics:
- Exterior Ballistics
- Interior Ballistics
- Terminal Ballistics
- Explosion & Warhead Mechanics
- Launch Dynamics
- Vulnerability & Survivability
The symposium gives access to the most current state-of-the-art technology in ballistics, provides opportunities for interactions with some of the world’s leading experts in the field of ballistics technology and offers the chance to present, exhibit and share scientific research and development with an international group of professionals and experts. The society encourages the presentation of a wide range of papers at the ISB, from work-in-progress to high quality scientific papers. This is an exciting opportunity to learn and share with others in the field.
About the Royal Military Academy
The Royal Military Academy (RMA) the only bilingual and federal university in Belgium, educates men and women who are committed to today’s society and ready to serve. This education combines human, exact and applied sciences, new technologies and military traditions. Our education cannot be detached from the world around us, which is why it is supported by strong academic research, collaboration with other universities, research centers or industries, and by meeting young people coming from other universities or military schools. In this context, participation in the ERASMUS program enables exchanges that are essential to high quality education.
The International Ballistics Society (IBS) promotes the science of ballistics internationally in the broadest sense. The IBS is a natural development and was preceded by the International Ballistics Committee (IBC).
- To provide at the highest level a means of technical interchange and experience in this field by ensuring that an International Symposium on Ballistics (ISB) takes place regularly and that the organization thereof is of a high standard.
- To organize and conduct additional activities with a view to the development and advancement of the field of ballistics.
- To enhance professional opportunities by providing short courses, opportunities for peer reviewed publications, and additional activities to promote career development of members of the International Ballistics Society.
Learn more about ultra high-speed imaging solutions:
Contact a Hadland Imaging representative to learn more about ultra high-speed visible, infrared & Flash X-ray imaging solutions & everything you need to get the job done right.
Keywords: 33ISB, 33rd International Symposium on Ballistics (33ISB), ballistics, Bruges Meeting & Convention Centre (BMCC), IBS, International Ballistics Society, launch dynamics, Royal Military Academy, ultra high-speed imaging solutions