Hadland/MSI miniFF (mini Flight Follower)
Our redesigned, compact, high-performance system, developed with MS Instruments does the work for you – camera included!
- Low-cost, turn-key system
- Integrated high-speed video camera
- Better than 0.1˚ tracking accuracy over 90˚ scan
- Remote operation via dedicated OS software, includes set-up wizard to ensure optimization for a variety of tracking geometries
- Fixed, measured or user defined velocity profile modes with multiple trigger inputs & built-in trigger delay
- Real-time, 10MHz mirror position control enabling in-flight velocity & acceleration correction
- Mirror Halt function stops mirror mid-flight for impact analysis
Compact, Portable System – Ready for Action.
The Hadland/MSI miniFF (mini Flight Follower) utilizes a computer controlled and triggered rotating mirror, positioned in front of a high-speed video camera and programmed to follow a speeding projectile. Beautifully crafted and precision-built with years of expertise, our miniFF is an indispensable tool for demanding photographers and videographers requiring a complete, portable, high-speed imaging solution in the field.
The miniFF system is capable of tracking trajectory for 100 meters or more as the mirror scans a 90˚ arc, providing high quality images of objects in-flight. The miniFF can track small to large caliber projectiles, as well as other objects such as rockets, rocket assisted projectiles, sled track tests, sports equipment, automobiles, and practically anything that is traveling too fast to observe and study for critical measurement and analysis.
miniFF system includes:
- miniFF enclosure
- high-speed video camera
- assorted lenses
- tablet & laptop controller
- control software
- mirror tracking & trigger units
- Xcitex ProAnalyst® motion analysis software
- Pelican™ case
|Scan ratio||0.1–100 (scan ratio = projectile velocity/stand off distance)|
|Tracking angle||100˚ total, 90˚ tracking|
|Angular tracking accuracy||better than 0.1˚|
|Operation modes||fixed, measured, multiple update or user defined velocity profiles
3x TTL, 3x sky screen, 1x multi-trigger (up to 256 inputs)
|Trigger output||1x +5v TTL in-sync with start of mirror scan (trigger for high-speed video camera), 2x TTL stand-alone (for 3D scan, etc.)|
|Resolution||1280 x 1024 pixels|
|Frames per second||up to 20,000 fps|
|Memory||2GB, expandable up to 16GB|
|Ballistic DB||Xcitex ProAnalyst® motion analysis software|