VIC-3D by Correlated Solutions gets powerful new features in the official release of VIC-3D 8 (version 8.0.0), adding functionality to their popular digital imaging correlation (DIC) software – especially with improved FLIR IR camera integration. The new update is part of the VIC-3D Ultra High-Speed System, featuring Shimadzu HPV-X2 ultra high-speed video cameras and their VIC-Snap Remote app that allows you to control multiple cameras with smartphones and tablets.
The following are a few of the new features in the VIC-3D 8 release…
- New Python scripting for customized and repeatable analysis, including batch processing
- New report generation feature using templates for text documents and presentations. Some of the items that can be included in the reports are calibration values, analysis settings, speckle images, AOIs, tables, result plots, external images, etc.
- New hybrid calibration options for improving calibration via the use of speckle images
- New projects can be created from templates that contain saved calibration data, AOIs, analysis settings, coordinate transformations, etc.
- New extraction options: data extraction can now be limited to a subset of the data files to permit quick inspection of large volumes
- New polygon data extraction tool has been added
- New Variable Ray Origin (VRO) calibration for imaging through interfaces and medium
- New post-processing network licensing options available
- New multi-system calibration procedures resulting in much higher accuracy when compared to traditional methods. This proprietary method allows the user to calibrate systems that contain no overlap, such as two sides of a specimen or opposite ends of a long beam, blade, or wall.
- Improved AOI Editor to include drag & drop
- Improved FLIR IR camera integration
Contact HADLAND IMAGING to discuss VIC-3D 8 new features and to get you set up with the latest in ultra high-speed digital imaging correlation (DIC).