Hadland/MSI mini Flight Follower
Our compact, high-performance system, developed with MS Instruments does the work for you.
- Low-cost, turn-key system
- Integrated high-speed video camera
- Better than 0.1˚ tracking accuracy over 90˚ scan
- Remote operation via dedicated OS software, includes set-up wizard to ensure optimization for a variety of tracking geometries
- Fixed, measured or user defined velocity profile modes with multiple trigger inputs & built-in trigger delay
- Real-time, 10 MHz mirror position control enabling in-flight velocity & acceleration correction
- Mirror Halt function stops mirror mid-flight for impact analysis
Compact, Portable System – Ready for Action.
The Hadland/MSI mini Flight Follower utilizes a computer controlled and triggered rotating mirror, positioned in front of a high-speed video camera and programmed to follow a speeding projectile. Beautifully crafted and precision-built with years of expertise, our mini Flight Follower is an indispensable tool for demanding photographers and videographers requiring a complete, portable, high-speed imaging solution in the field.
The mini Flight Follower system is capable of tracking trajectory for 100 meters or more as the mirror scans a 90˚ arc, providing high quality images of objects in-flight. The mini Flight Follower can track small to large caliber projectiles, as well as other objects such as rockets, rocket assisted projectiles, sled track tests, sports equipment, automobiles, and practically anything that is traveling too fast to observe and study for critical measurement and analysis.
mini Flight Follower system includes:
- mini Flight Follower enclosure
- high-speed video camera
- assorted lenses
- tablet & laptop controller
- control software
- mirror tracking & trigger units
- Xcitex ProAnalyst® motion analysis software
- Pelican™ case
Our cutting-edge set-up wizard has greatly simplified range surveying and equipment configuration, minimizing set-up time and ensuring optimum configuration for range, projectile and camera.
|Scan ratio||4–40 (scan ratio = projectile velocity/stand off distance)|
|Tracking angle||100˚ total, 90˚ tracking|
|Angular tracking accuracy||better than 0.1˚|
|Operation modes||fixed, measured, multiple update or user defined velocity profiles
3x TTL, 3x sky screen, 1x multi-trigger (up to 256 inputs)
|Trigger output||1x +5v TTL in-sync with start of mirror scan (trigger for high-speed video camera), 2x TTL stand-alone (for 3D scan, etc.)|
|Power||100–240v (50–60 Hz)|
|Resolution||1280 x 1024 pixels|
|Frames per second||up to 20,000 fps|
|Memory||2 GB, expandable up to 16 GB|
|Ballistic DB||Xcitex ProAnalyst® motion analysis software|